Club Brugge - Waasland-Beveren: Club Facts
Thursday afternoon Club Brugge host Waasland-Beveren. Find out all interesting facts about this fixture.
- Referee Christof Virant is the referee for this Boxing Day fixture at Jan Breydel. He will be assisted by linesmen Michele Scatorchia and Rien Vanyzere. Christof Dierick is the fourth official.
- Royal Football Club Red Star Waasland - Sportkring Beveren were founded on 20 May 2010 by the merger of KV Red Star Waasland and KSK Beveren.
- The club started in second division and promoted to the top flight in 2012.
- It will be the fourth encounter between Club Brugge and Waasland-Beveren. The previous game at Jan Breydel was last season's opening fixture, with Club Brugge winning 3-1.
- This season Club Brugge won 1-2 at Waasland-Beveren. Maxime Lestienne found the back of the net already in the first minute of the game. In the second half Jørgensen doubled the score. Siebe Blondelle pulled one back for the hosts in stoppage time. Last season Club Brugge won 2-6 at the Freethiel.
- This fixture is the 25th official game of the 2013-2014 season and the 43th and last of the year 2013.
- Mathew Ryan hasn't missed a minute at Club Brugge so far. Only just last Sunday the Aussie was brilliant with an important save to deny Pedersen from the spot and on Thursday he can play his 25th official game for The Blues. He is one of the nine players in the Jupiler Pro League to have played all 1 800 minutes.